I am a warmhearted and respectful professional with 17 years of counselling experience. My aim is to create opportunities for client empowerment, learning and growing in the process.
I have worked in a variety of non-profit counselling organizations, youth counselling organizations, community resource centers, school settings, anti-violence organizations, daycare settings, and group homes.
I hold a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology from Yorkville University. I am also a Registered Counsellor Provider with the BC Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP), First Nations Health Authority, and Humanacare EAP.
I specialize in: Trauma; Parenting and Caregiving in all types of families; Child and Youth Counselling; Childhood Reactive Attachment; Play Therapeutic approaches; LGBTQQIP2SAA+; Cultural and First Nations Counselling; Response-based Approaches; Depression; Anxiety; Mental Health; and Mood Disorders.
Certifications and Specialized Training:
- 5 day Foundations of Narrative Therapy
- Intensive Trauma Treatment Course (Dr. Bessell van der Kolk)
- Wim Hof Ice Bath breathing and meditation training (completed in Iceland)
- First Nations Cultural and Residential School training
- Response-based training, conferences and workshops
- Trauma-informed and domestic violence trainings and workshops
- Internal Family Systems
- Psychopharmacology Intensive
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1
- Emotional Freedom Technique (Tapping) training
- Child sexual abuse awareness training
- Suicide prevention and awareness training
- Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Training
- LGBTQQIP2SAA+ Affirmative therapy
- Child Play Therapy conferences and workshops
- Sandtray therapy training
- San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training
- The Village Workshop – Indigenous cultural training